SIDEX Group offers a guarantee for each siding it manufactures or transforms. The warranty limitations vary according to the finish of the material used, but also according to the finishes applied to the siding.
For all exterior wood siding it manufactures, SIDEX Group offers a 50-year limited warranty against perforation due to wood rotting.
This warranty provides peace of mind to homeowners who adhere to the care and maintenance guidelines mentioned upon purchase. Here are some examples of the limitations of the warranty against wood rot:
- The installation must comply with the specifics indicated by the siding and finish manufacturer. The warranty does not apply to items not installed in accordance with the requirements.
- The owner must make the necessary repairs and maintenance of the entire siding. To maintain its warranty, it must also follow the manufacturer’s recommendations mentioned during the purchase.
- Products altered by improper handling, improper storage or intentional modification will not be covered by the warranty.
- Dwellings in coastal areas are subject to a different warranty.
The importance of maintaining an exterior wood siding
Maintaining an exterior wood siding helps prevent degradation and increases the longevity of the wood. The homeowner should perform an annual inspection and check the condition of the entire siding for signs of mold, premature wear or water ingress.
In addition, warranties may be refused if the owner has used a technique prohibited by the manufacturer to clean the siding. For example, the use of a pressure washer may damage the siding and could void the warranty. Before cleaning your exterior siding for the first time, check which techniques are recommended or prohibited by the manufacturers.
For more information on the best techniques for installing and maintaining your wood siding, you can download the detailed guide offered by SIDEX Group.
The SIDEX guarantee for finishes
SIDEX Group offers a guarantee against peeling, blistering and cracking of all finishes installed in their factory. For solid and two-tone finishes, the warranty is fifteen years when the finish is raw, ten years when the finish is brushed and eight years when the finish is sanded. For semi-transparent finishes, the warranty is five years when the finish is raw and three years for brushed and sanded finishes.
Certain conditions apply to be eligible for the SIDEX warranty on finishes. Here is a list of some important limitations:
- The installation of the siding and the application of the finish must follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer at the time of purchase.
- The wood should not be in prolonged contact with a source of moisture.
- The owner should perform the necessary repairs and recommended maintenance of the entire siding based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The warranty does not cover damage caused by UV rays, rain, wind or any other natural phenomenon.
- Products altered by improper handling, improper storage or intentional modification will not be covered under warranty.
- The details of the guarantee may change for residences located in the coastal zone.
If you have any questions about SIDEX warranties, please feel free to contact one of our experts or visit our website.